HAVE YOUR SAY
Illingworth Field & the future of our Village Hall
Source: “Have Your Say Survey” Sept. 2023 - excerpts of suggestions that we received from the community regarding the future of the Illingworth Field
Following a turbulent Covid pandemic and challenging recovery period, many Village Halls (and other charities) across the UK had to make numerous difficult decisions about their future and the viability of their venues.
Unfortunately, we are not different in this respect.
During this period, we did our utmost to support our users at every step. We were transparent with both our community and users on decisions we made concerning the management and direction of the Village Hall.
While we are still dealing with many challenges, it is also essential to start looking into the future.
To keep up with our tradition of transparency and inclusiveness - we want our community, especially our users, to shape the future of our Village Hall.
Following April's (2023) Annual General Meeting, the Trustees felt encouraged by our discussion with community representatives to bid for the Land adjacent to the Village Hall garden - which we decided to name the Illingworth Field.
Our plans around this land as part of the broader future of the Village Hall are part of an ongoing dialogue with the closest and broader community. Please have a look below for how you can be involved and have your say
What we have done so far:
- We discussed our options and ideas around acquiring the adjacent land at the East Keswick Parish Council public meeting (18th April 2023)
- We engaged with the local community about our plans around the land by releasing our “Breaking News” article on social media (FB) and Website (24th April 2023)
- We communicated by email with all Village Hall user groups and Village Hall Draw members (April 2023)
- We held discussions with our local East Keswick Wildlife Trust and we are developed a very strong partnership in delivering the project (May 2023)
- We displayed “Breaking News” and updated community notice boards and local businesses (May 2023)
- We conducted “Have Your Say” Survey. A door-to-door survey by post, online and open day (July - September 2023)
- We held an Open Public Meeting at the Village Hall (13th September 2023)
- ...and last but not least, we are planning a number of community fundraising events (to take place monthly between September - December 2023)